Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love Never Fails

I recently read in People magazine that the song I danced to with my dad at our wedidng, Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath, is the same song that Carrie Underwood danced to with her new husband at their wedding.  The only difference is she had Brandon Heath there in person to perform it, whereas my dad and I had DJ Philthy rockin' it out in the barn :)

Reading that little bit of celebrity gossip jolted my memory back to that dance, with the song that was so special to me.  The reason I chose it is because I have seen the lyrics proven true in my dad's life.  The man he is today is a result of a lifetime of Love, shaping and molding him....transforming him into one of the most kind-hearted, loving softies of a grandfather that I know.

And to me he is and always has been, Dad.

The man who was the first in his family to go to college. The man who took a metal detector out to the football stands on Saturday morning to find an earring I'd lost the night before...and found it.  The man who drove countless miles across the country so that I could have every opportunity to thrive in the gifts I'd been given.  The man who ran out onto the court grinning with excitement when my high school volleyball team beat the #1 team in the state. The man who worked for the railroad for 40 years to provide for his family.  The man who will brew a canoe full of beer and build a barn for his daughter's wedding.  The man who's been married to the same woman for 36 years.  The man who melts at the laugh of his grandchildren.

These are the reasons I chose this song...

Who do you think of when you hear these words?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQy-aP_Koo

No comments:

Post a Comment