Dear Family,
My parents took me to get this hard plastic thing put on my entire leg. I hear them say I have a broken toe, but I really don't feel any pain so I'm a little confused. I really don't like this splint thing. I have tried to chew it off a couple times now, and each attempt has been thwarted. First, my mom wrapped me up in duck tape and then signed it like a cast. She was smiling during this, along with my shorter friend, Cole, but I was not too enthused.
I did not like the duck tape. In fact, I chewed it all off the night after she did this. Little did I know what this would lead to…my first experience with the cone of shame. I've heard my doggie friends whisper about this, but had no idea what it really meant.
Well now I know. This thing sucks! When they slide it on over my head, my heart just sinks and I become very sad.
I am so unhappy about this cone of shame, I can't even look at the camera. I'm sorry, I know I'm usually a more cheerful part of the family. But right now, I'm not feeling very cheerful.
On the bright side, though, I am getting a whole lot more peanut butter in my diet! I love peanut butter, just like my mom. I think I could eat entire jars of it in one sitting. They limit me to just one kong a day, though. I think they're watching my figure, since I'm not getting any exercise these days.
Hopefully my broken toe will be fixed soon. I love you, and thanks for listening. Please remember me in your doggie prayers!
Love,
Maudie

No comments:
Post a Comment