Yesterday was Juneau's once-a-year Harvest Fair, where vegetables are sold and judged for contest, food is served, games are played, and garden plots are rented. In the rain, lots of people came out and it was a fun vibe in the air. There was a bluegrass band playing and kids playing and running around in the mud. It was...charming and quaint.
 |
| We shared a lunch combo: corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, and hot dog. |
 |
| the eating area |
 |
| Award-wining veggie exhibit |
 |
| Chicken Poop Bingo! |
 |
| The bingo board getting cleaned... |
 |
| We bought some rhubarb and I came home and made a strawberry-rhubarb pie...from scratch! This is what's left of it :) |
As I write this, Brian is off on his first local fishing excursion! A fellow Anthropology professor invited him to go out on his boat this morning to fish for Halibut. The weather today happens to be gorgeous, so it should be a great time. He was so excited, like a giddy kid in Carharts! I can't wait to see what they bring back...
No comments:
Post a Comment